Did some cellar work in my tiny pilot brewery this morning. Transferred cream ale to carbonating keg, cleaned a keg I emptied last weekend, then ran clean-in-place on the fermentor that held the cream ale.
I love my new fidget toy. The base is like a rocking chair. That motion satisfies the same itch as the toys on my desk upstairs. I am working in my home brewery during some home repair. New stool is a solid upgrade over the old folding one.
This is going to be so much fun.
Mischief managed. Mischief being remaining cleaning from yesterday’s brew day. Managed included not only rinsing all the parts that were sitting in PBW but also some organizing to optimize flow for next brew day.
The focus of today’s brewery chores was electrifying everything. Cut ports for two vessels to add elements, upgraded the element on the third. Also test fit my new wort grant. Still need one or two pieces before I can fire everything up and brew.
More effort invested in the pilot brewery. Today I moved all the shelving from the guest bedroom over. I still have more parts coming before I am finished enough to brew. Already I can see how much easier this setup will be on the next brew day.
Solid progress this morning despite forgetting the before picture. At least a few weekends of work to go. Even this early, you can now see what the fully upgraded pilot brewery will be like.
When I started improving the cellar portion of my pilot brewery, I had a desire to move *everything* downstairs, including the actual 10 gal brewhouse. Today the infrastructue was upgraded so that is now possible. Still more upgrades and work to do but progress!
The simple things make such a difference. The latest upgrade to the pilot brewery made a surprising difference. Yesterday’s brew day was the quickest in a long time. My back doesn’t feel as strained either.
Two layers is enough for my mash tun to hold temperature with two degrees without needing to add any external heat.