I am very pleased with the data on this new batch of Open Access Ninja. Diacetyl rest now then yeast dump and transfer to secondary for several weeks lagering.
I brewed the 2nd batch of Open Access Ninja: Brew of Law today. I hit all of my targets, otherwise uneventful, how I like it. Only change was using my new mill, nice upgrade that made short work of the malt that gave my old mill trouble.
What’s that, Grogu? Yes, I am cleaning and passivating FV4’s new twin. Credit to my friend, Ellen, who first observed that FV4 not only looks like a droid, it has a solid droid name, too.
My droid army grows. FV5, the fifth stainless steel fermentation vessel I have owned, arrived yesterday. With the casters installed it looks even more like a droid than FV4.
FV4’s twin arrives on Monday. Two batches brewed with FV4 and I like these fermentors even more. I compared fermentation data with past batches, same or similar recipes finished fermentation about a day and a half faster in the new vessel.
I really am enjoying my new jacketed fermentor. I already ordered another one. After Open Access Ninja finished primary fermentation in it, I transferred that beer to one of my older fermentors to lager. After an easy clean, rinse, sanitize cycle, a second batch, Top of the World, is bubbling away in the new one.
Yeast really took off around 3am according to the logs from my floating, smart hydrometer. I found a steady stream of bubbles this morning in the little growler I am using with the blow off tube.
Brewed up this beauty, yesterday: Top of the World, my super simple recipe that makes a surprisingly sophisticated beer. It’s light and refreshing, less than five percent, and perfect for the turn of the season.
Used the auto washer to clean my new mash/lauter tun thoroughly. I cleaned all the fittings, including the false bottom, by hand. All set to brew Open Access Ninja pale lager next weekend.
Finally dialed in my automatic washer. Sump pump provides enough pressure to the spray ball. Last problem was the flow back to the bucket. The new piping solved that perfectly.